Now, I don’t know about you, but I think cocktails are an essential, especially when cooped up in our homes. I’ve been in self isolation for a month now and trying to stay sane is a feat that is not proving easy. To help keep you and me sane during quarantine we’ve created a list of “Quarantine Cocktails”. Now that we’re staying at home all day, there are no rules as to when you can start drinking cocktails. **cough cough** not that I’ve been drinking them in the AM or anything. I mean a mimosa’s a good source of vitamin c right. Anyway, these cocktails can be drunk at any time of the day. We also encourage you to drink them with the rest of your household so as to create a harmonious household.
What you’ll need to make these cocktails:
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- martini glass or a coupe glass
- chopping board
The name of this cocktail has a bit of a double meaning. During these times we’ve very secluded which can cause you to be quite sour. However, two sours make a sweet right? I’m sure you’ll be sweet after this delicious cocktail.
- 2 shots of bourbon
- ½ shots of fresh lemon juice
- ½ of sugar syrup
- ½ orange wheel
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Fill shaker half full with ice.
- Add all ingredients.
- Cover, and shake vigorously for about 25 seconds or until outside of shaker is very cold.
- Strain cocktail into an old-fashioned or rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with orange wheel and cherry.
With this cocktail we’ve chosen to be very straight forward with the name. Why beat around the bush right? We’re taking the word that has negative connotations and making something delicious out of it.
- 1 shot of tequila
- 1/2 shot of Cointreau or triple sec
- 2 tsp Grand Marnier or any other orange flavoured liqueur
- 1 shot of Lime Juice
- 1 slice Lime
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Put all ingredients into your cocktail shaker and shake for around 30 seconds.
- Rub a lime wedge over the rim of a chilled cocktail glass, then dip the glass into salt to coat the rim.
- Strain cocktail shakers contents into the glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
Being detained does not in the least sound appealing. Being detained with a daiquiri? Now that’s a whole different story.
- 1 shot of white rum
- ½ shot of lime juice(fresh)
- ¼ shot of simple syrup
- Lime wheel
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour cocktail shaker contents into glass.
- Cut lime wheel and garnish glass.
Lock Down in Manhattan
I still vividly remember when I had my first Manhattan. It was in Manhattan in fact. It was in a sort of speakeasy where you couldn’t get in unless you had a membership or you knew someone who does. It was very exclusive and I thought “this is the exact right time to have my first Manhattan”. I’ve never felt so bougie. To think now about how Manhattans streets are completely empty is quite unnerving. So, we’ve got the Lock down in Manhattan to help you feel at ease.
- 2 shots of rye whiskey
- ½ shot of martini rosso
- 1 dash of Angostura Bitters
- A lemon twist or a maraschino cherry
- Chill your glass.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients to shaker and stir gently for around 30 seconds to a minute.
- Strain mixture into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or cherry.
We hope these delicious cocktails help you find a little bit of solace during these turbulent times. Let us know whether you liked them, and tag us in any photos you put on to Instagram on facebook @henspartyadelaide
If, once this is all over, you’re still yearning for more cocktails – we would be happy to send one of our handsome topless mixologists to your party to teach you and your friends how to make two or more scrumptious cocktails.
We’d love to hear from you email@example.com or 0410 767 869 ?